Dr Dave Norton
Dr David Norton, together with Professor Robert Kaplan, co-created The Balanced Scorecard. This has since been acclaimed by the editors of Harvard Business Review as one of the most influential management ideas of the past 75 years.
Dr David Norton is the world’s leading authority on strategic performance management. He has built a series of professional service firms each focused on leading edge management issues. He has consulted with some of the world’s largest organisations and is the founder and director of The Palladium Group, an internationally respected global team of consultants who have assisted governments, institutions and corporations around the world to design and implement strategy.
Speaker, Researcher and Consultant to Business Leaders & Executives
- 2013 – Dr Norton was ranked by Thinkers 50 in their Hall of Fame amongst only eight others that were acknowledged for their mammoth contribution to business management and leadership
He shares this prestigious award with Tom Peters, Warren Bennis, Howard Gardner, Charles Handy, Philip Kotler, Henry Mintzberg, Kenichi Omae and Ikujiro Nonaka.
- 2012 Honorary Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- 2008 Champion of Workplace Learning & Performance Award – ASTD
- 2007 One of the world’s 12 most influential management thinkers by Sun Top Media’s Thinkers50
- Internationally Acclaimed and Prolific Best-Selling Author
08h45 Session 1 : Executing Strategy | The Core Message For Breakthrough Results
- How to build a strategy focused organisation.
- Assessing how value is created from intangible assets.
- New tools, frameworks and approaches to transform old school management.
09h45 Session 2 : Applying The Balanced Scorecard To Achieve Ambitious Goals
- You can’t manage what you can’t describe: Building strategy maps to describe the strategy.
- BHAGS: Setting “Big, hairy audacious goals”.
- Aligning the organisation to its strategy.
10h45 Mid-Morning Refreshments
11h15 Session 3 : Tailoring Your Human Capital Programs To Leverage Intangible Value
- Making strategy everyone’s job.
- Linking personal scorecards to your strategy.
- Training and development essentials to achieve human capital readiness
13h15 Session 4 : Balancing Left Brain And Right Brain Leadership
- Applying intuitive and methodical thinking to deliver transformational change.
- Creating a process to manage and govern balanced thinking.
- Supporting left brain leadership with a toolkit of structured tools.
- Supporting right brain thinking with change management disciplines.
14h00 Session 5 : Cross-Functional Imperatives For The Office Of Strategy Management
- Building a Strategy Council to break down the silos.
- Creating “theme teams” to promote cross-functional integration.
- Building an Office of Strategy Management.
15h00 Afternoon Refreshments
15h30 Session 6 : In A Nutshell
Q & A with Dr David Norton facilitated by Nicola Tyler, CEO of Business Results Group.
16h30Close of Conference Proceedings | Cocktail Reception & Book Signing.
Who Should Attend
- Executives and Managers from Private and Public Sector enterprises who are responsible for and involved in:
- Investor Relations
- Performance Measurement
- Human Capital
- Talent ManagementEvent
Dr Dave Norton has published 5 books which he has co-authored with various thought leaders. His books have sold over 1 million copies.
- The Balanced Scorecard (1996)
- The Strategy Focused Organisation (2000)
- Strategy Maps (2004)
- Alignment (2006)
- The Execution Premium (2008)