Dr. Tara Swart
BSc, PhD, BM Bch (Oxon)
CEO of The Unlimited Mind and Faculty at MIT Sloan, Dr Tara Swart is a Neuroscientist, Medical Doctor, Global Leadership Consultant, Author and Non-Executive Director.
Global Thought Leader
Dr Tara Swart is at the forefront of the application of neuroscience to business.
She has a unique skill set with a PhD in neuroscience and a successful career as a medical doctor and psychiatrist. This combination of experience and knowledge comes together to create an uncompromising and holistic impact on business and leadership performance.
Prolific Author, Executive Coach & Highly Acclaimed Speaker
- 2015 Publication of Neuroscience for Leadership book
- 2014 Appointed as Senior Lecturer at MIT to design and run the Neuroscience for Leadership programme
- 2014 Financial Times Women in Business Feature
- 2012 Guest lecturer at MIT Sloan, Stanford GSB and Oxford SAID
- 2008 Founder of The Unlimited Mind – a neuroscience consulting business for banks and hedge funds
- 2000 Graduated from Oxford University and practiced as a Psychiatrist for 7 years
- 1994 Completed her PhD research in Neuroscience
Tara is also a co-author of An Attitude for Acting and contributing author to How to Be Interesting. She has published over 20 articles in journals on neuroscience and coaching. A sought after speaker, Tara has presented globally on the brain in business at international conferences, blue chip corporations and Oxford, Stanford and MIT. She is regularly quoted in the Financial Times.
Applying Neuroscience to Create an Innovative Model for Leadership & Team Development
08h00 – Registration and refreshments
09h00 – Welcome – Nicola Tyler | CEO Business Results Group
09h15 – Session 1| Neuroscience Explained in an Accessible Way
- Drawing on the depth of brain agility to adapt and create sustainable behaviour change
- Highlighting the tangible evidence linking brain function, wellbeing and workplace productivity
- State exercise: how stress and success manifest physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually in your values
10h45 – Break
11h15 Session 2 |Applying the Science of Neuroplasticity to Alter Your Mindsets, Skill Sets and Thinking
- Neuroplasticity; evidencing how you can change your mindset to achieve your required leadership capability
Neuroplasticity essentials; key requisites to ensure an agile and alert mind
Linking existing neurons with new networks in your brain
Practice makes perfect!
Hybrid exercise: how to hold two opposing thoughts in your mind and come up with a third option that has elements of both, but is superior to each of them
12h30 – Lunch Break with Brain Food
13h30 – Session 3 |Your Brain On Money
- Does money or financial success drive performance in your teams?
- Risk taking and decision making; understanding why our brains are wired for loss avoidance rather than reward seeking.
- Gender differences at work and in risk-taking
- Mindfulness effects on resilience by changing the brain and neuro-endocrine system of the body
15h00 – Afternoon Refreshments
15h30 Session 4 – Keynote Guest Speaker: Dr Etienne van der Walt
- Putting it all together: A Neurobiological Model of Brain Performance to Thrive in Business
- This presentation will draw upon the previous sessions, using themes of wellness, resilience, reduction of chronic stress, neuroplasticity, the social brain and the threat/reward system to demonstrate its integrated importance for enhanced performance to enable us to thrive in business and life in general.
16h30 – In A Nutshell – Panel Discussion facilitated by Nicola Tyler
- Q&A Session with Dr Tara Swart & Dr Etienne van der Walt, bringing the content of the day back into the world of work.
17h00 – Close of proceedings
Registration & Enquiries
- Individual Delegates [1 – 4 People]
- YES, please reserve my place/s for ____ people at R5 995.00 per person plus VAT (839.30) = R6 834.3
- Team Bookings [5 – 9 People]
- YES, please reserve places for ________people at R5 495.00 per person plus VAT (769.30) = R6 264.30
- Corporate Bookings [10 or more People]
- YES, please reserve 10 or more delegates and SAVE R10 000.00 or more at ONLY R4 995.00 per person plus VAT (R699.30) = R5 694.30
Contact: Angela Milburn
Cell: 083 327 1593
Call: 0861 B GREAT (0861 247 328)
Fax: 086 506 1747
COMPANIES WHO SEND 10 OR MORE DELEGATES MAY EXTEND A COMPLIMENTARY INVITATION TO ONE MEMBER OF THEIR C SUITE.
Terms & Conditions
Payment | The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission unless proof of payment is received prior to the event.
Team & Corporate Special Offers | Discounts for teams and corporates only apply where the delegates have registered simultaneously.
Cancellations | For cancellations received in writing more than 8 weeks prior to the event a 50% refund will be given. Thereafter the full fee is payable.
Substitutions | Registered delegates may be substituted at any time prior to the event at no charge. Please notify our offices in writing.
Confirmation | All registrations will be deemed confirmed and subject to these terms and conditions.
Preferential Seating | Delegates will be seated on a first-paid – first seated basis
In the event of unforeseen circumstances the organisers reserve the rights to change the dates and/or venue.
Neuroscience For Leadership
Download Etienne Van Der Walt’s: Neuroscience For Leadership slidedeck (PPTX)
Neuroscience At Work 2015
Find your picture from the Neuroscience At Work conference, March 2015
Tesitmonial Shaun Rozyn Executive Director Corporate Education GIBS
Testimonial Shani Naidoo Group Director The Foschini Group (Part 1)
Testimonial Shani Naidoo Group Director The Foschini Group (Part 2)
Testimonial Zogan Opperman Group Specialist Talent & Performance Management ACSA
Testimonial Heidi Volschenk Director L&D KPMG
Read more about Dr Tara Swart’s upcoming event: Neuroscience for Leadership – 18 March 2015 (PDF)