Bestselling Author, Speaker, & Executive Advisor Ranked in the ‘Thinkers 50’ Top Global Business Thought Leaders
A SEASONED C SUITE EXECUTIVE WITH NEARLY 2 DECADES EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING PEOPLE IN A CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT
A former executive at Oracle Corporation, Liz worked over the course of 17 years as the Vice President of Oracle University and as the global leader for Human Resource Development. During her tenure at Oracle, she led several major global initiatives and has worked and travelled in over 40 countries.
INFLUENCING LEADERSHIP THINKING IN THE WORLD’S HIGHEST RANKED COMPANIES
Liz Wiseman teaches leadership to executives and emerging leaders around the world. She is the President of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, where some of her recent clients include: Apple, Disney, eBay/PayPal, Facebook, GAP, Genentech/Roche, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce.com, and Twitter. With over 100 blue chip clients, Liz has applied her leadership thinking to research. Liz has observed and developed a leadership methodology that is globally relevant to organisations at this very time.
BEST SELLING AUTHOR & SOUGHT AFTER SPEAKER
Liz Wiseman is the author of bestsellers Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work and Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, as well as The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools.
She has conducted significant research in the field of leadership and collective intelligence; is a frequent keynote speaker; and writes for Harvard Business Review and a variety of other business and leadership journals. She is a frequent guest lecturer and has taught at BYU, and the Naval Postgraduate Academy, Stanford and Yale. She is an active contributor to forums on healthcare and education reform.
07h30 – Registration & Refreshments
08h15 – Welcome – Nicola Tyler | CEO Business Results Group
08h30 – Session 1 | Diminisher or Multiplier?
Defining the Behaviours and Characteristics that can Influence the Ability for you to get the Best or Worst from your People
- Highlights from recent formal research to determine the differences between Multipliers & Diminishers
- The 5 disciplines of the Multiplier
- The 5 disciplines of the Diminisher
- Determining to what extent leaders can shift along the spectrum from diminishers to multipliers
- Surprising findings: – When does accidental diminisher behaviour show up? – How curiosity is a game changer
- Art of the Question: Going extreme using the question value ladder
10h30 – Mid morning refreshment
11h00 – Session 2 | How to become a Challenger and Enable People to Identify Opportunities when you Raise the Bar
- Acquiring your people’s discretionary effort & intellectual energy to take on tough challenges
- Tackling the contrary behaviour of “KNOW IT ALLs”
- The 3 practices of CHALLENGERS; to help people grow through challenge and provoke their thinking
- How to generate belief in unimagined possibilities
12h30 – Session 3 | How to become a Liberator who Creates an Environment where Good Things Happen and you enlist the Best Thinking from your People
- The 3 practices of LIBERATORS:
- To create space, demand people’s best work and generate rapid learning cycles
- Distinguishing best work from predetermined desired outcomes
- Developing a culture that embraces learning from mistakes
13h00 – Lunch
14h00 – Session 4 | How to become a Talent Magnet and Attract, Retain and get The Best from your People
- Combatting the diminishing characteristics of divide & conquer EMPIRE BUILDING behaviour
- Creating a cycle of attraction vs a cycle of decline to accelerate performance & grow genius
- The 4 practices of TALENT MAGNETS to utilise people to their fullest
- Acquiring an appreciation of different types of native genius to become a genius “watcher”
- Banishing boundaries, blockers and Prima Donna’s in your organisation
15h00 – Afternoon Refreshments
15h15 – Session 5 | Becoming a Debate Maker to Develop Collective Intelligence with Commitment to Execute
- Establishing the polar opposite diminisher behaviour of DECISION MAKERS who do not value input from others and manifest their assumptions in subtle ways
- The 3 practices of DEBATE MAKERS to frame issues, spark debate and drive sound decisions
- Designing a formal structure to prepare your organisation with the right team, correct framing and defined process
- The Yin & Yang practice to create safety and demand rigour simultaneously
16h00 – Session 6 | How Investors give people Ownership for Results and Invest in their Success to Achieve Value and Return On Their Investment
- 3 strategies to becoming an INVESTOR. Ensure ROI by defining ownership and accountability, delivering teaching and coaching and ensuring a transparent method of measurement
- Determining the opposing diminisher behaviour of MICRO MANAGERS who fail to deliver world class results
16h45 – In a Nutshell – Panel Discussion facilitated by Nicola Tyler
- Q & A Session with Liz Wiseman, Nicola Tyler and Brad Shorkend
- Joined by two of South Africas top C Suite Executives, Mathew Dunn, Financial Director of SAB Miller and Sinenhlanhla Mkhize, Senior Vice President of Group HR at Sasol, who will share their experiences in applying the Multiplier Leadership Formula in their organisations.
17h30 – Close of Proceedings
- Individual Delegates [1 – 4 People]
- R 6 995 per person + VAT
- Team Bookings [5 – 9 People]
- R 6 495 per person + VAT
- Corporate Bookings [10 or more People]
- Reserve 10 or more delegates and SAVE – ONLY R 5 995 per person + VAT
COMPANIES WHO SEND 10 OR MORE DELEGATES MAY EXTEND A COMPLIMENTARY INVITATION TO ONE MEMBER OF THEIR C SUITE.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PAYMENT | The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission unless proof of payment is received prior to the event.
TEAM & CORPORATE SPECIAL OFFERS | Discounts for teams and corporates only apply where the delegates have registered simultaneously.
CANCELLATIONS | For cancellations received in writing more than 8 weeks prior to the event a 50% refund will be given. Thereafter the full fee is payable.
SUBSTITUTIONS | Registered delegates may be substituted at any time prior to the event at no charge. Please notify our offices in writing.
CONFIRMATION | All registrations will be deemed confirmed and subject to these terms and conditions.
PREFERENTIAL SEATING | Delegates will be seated on a first-paid – first seated basis
In the event of unforeseen circumstances the organisers reserve the rights to change the dates and/or venue.
Read more about Liz Wiseman’s upcoming event: Multipliers: How The Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter – 6 May 2015 (PDF)
Find your picture from the Multipliers Event, May 2015